Tuesday, January 7, 2014

MY favorite projects of 2013

My last two posts were about what my stat counter showed were my most popular posts of the year. You can read #10 - 5 here and #5 - #1 here.

Today's post is about what MY favorite blog projects of 2013 were!


In No Particular order:

My guest bathroom project



I love the color and the beadboard wallpaper. It was so easy to install, easy to paint and looked great. I am thinking of using it again in my 1/2 bath in the new house. I have no desire to remove the pedestal sink and toilet in the new house to install real beadboard, so wallpaper it is....

My front door that I painted black on the interior



It took me years to work up the courage to do this. Finally one day I took a brush and put a large black streak on the door with a sample can. I was not ready to paint it that day, but the time had come to just.do.it. I loved the result and can't wait to do it again at our new house. I even have a few cans of the same paint ready to go! Benjamin Moore Black Iron. Perfect!

Burp Cloths



I have literally made DOZENS of these over at least 10 years. They make great baby gifts and are so easy to do and every one can be different.

Wall Ruler



Admittedly, this project was photographed very poorly by me. The pictures do NOT do it justice. This looks very cool in person, and my kids love checking out their heights on it regularly.

Brass Lantern redone



I LOVED this project. Getting rid of the large fluorescent light with the oak trim around it was part of it. But it was so easy, and looked so great over my old kitchen island. I liked it so much, I have a nice new shiny one waiting to get painted and hung over my new island!

Monogrammed Cake Stand



This was done using glass etching cream. It is really very easy; picking your design and lining it up on your surface are the most difficult parts...... I love the way this turned out, and it made what was a nice gift into a very special personalized gift. There will be more of this in 2014!

Painted Rustic Wooden Flag



This was made in less than an hour - maybe less than 30 minutes. I just grabbed some left over fence wood, some paint, painters tape and got started. I have mentioned before how I love July 4th and Americana decorating. This was such a great addition to our home during July!

Snapshots of My Hometown: A New England Town



I took these photos around town when we were visiting last summer. I really took my time getting pictures that I felt captured the feeling and look of New England. The photo above shows the town warf where the lobster pot Christmas tree was located. I enjoy taking photographs, but do not usually take scenery photos; people or things are usually my subjects. I think I will have some of these prints made into canvas and hung in the new house.

Monogrammed Napkins (with fabric paint)



This is such a cool example of how awesome fabric paint is, and how easy it is to use. I LOVE these napkins and want to make more for gifts in 2014.

Redone $2.99 stool(s)



This turned out better than I imagined. I did not have high expectations due to the low cost of the stool..... however I love this and know it will look great at my new kitchen island. Now if only the stool fairy could find me just one more!



Those are MY top 10 blog projects of 2013, I hope you enjoyed looking at them. Projects will be slow for a while. We are closing in 18 days! Lots to do and get done. But I will be diving into the projects once we get in the new house.

Thank you for stopping and reading!

Please use the buttons below this post to share to Facebook and Twitter if you see anything you like!

2 comments:

  1. I just wandered in today and I am so glad to meet you!! I am a Connecticut yankee, living in Texas! I did a stint in Florida to go to school and then went west :^) It is fun reading your blog that refers to both places. Now you just need to come and visit the Lone Star state!
    I am in the process of reading your blog from finish to start :^). I am good at doing things backward ;^)
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaybird! I love CT too and have visited TX too - never lived there though. Thank you for reading. Blessings to you too.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!