Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Getting things on the walls

Moving stinks!

As exciting as it is to be in a beautiful new home, it is also frustrating to me. I want it to look beautiful, like yesterday. Do you know what I mean? Life goes on, I work, I take care of the kids and the household and get to do things in my spare time! Sometimes I am so tired that I want to do nothing, even though I have lots to do in the house. See my list (that has grown a lot) in this post.

So today I am going to share how I finally got some of my things on the wall. I have moved a bunch of items around but, finally I have found an arrangement I love, and I will share it with you.

I have a wall between the two windows in my family room. I found a dresser on Craigslist that I redid (you can catch a glimpse in a couple pictures) that fits perfectly between them. As soon as I find the right pulls, I will post about it. Anyways, it was the wall above this that I hung my pictures.





I love the look of a frame layered within a frame. The outside frame on the bottom is the old kind with the linen border on the interior. Just LOVE it! I have another one that is much larger that I have to figure out a perfect spot for.... Here are close ups of the frame and the lower print, which was a gift. It is a watercolor of Sedona. We traveled there with my sister and her husband and it was just stunning.







Thank you for reading, I hope you like my little arrangement. Baby steps........ I finally picked a color for the walls!!!

Like my Facebook page and you will see snippets of what is coming up (Billy built ins...) and also see post links there.


Linking up with these great blogs:
Savvy Southern Style
Green Willow Pond
The Dedicated House
Beyond the Picket Fence
The Pin Junkie
Craft Dictator
TDC Before and After

2 comments:

  1. Love the frame within a frame! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!