Friday, September 26, 2014

Thrifty Finds Friday #9

Happy Fall Y'all!

It has finally felt like fall here in the south, even if only for a day or two! But I will take it! I can't wait for this cool weather to last. I'm over the summer (like I am every year...in JULY!...)

I found several treasures I want to share with you on this Thrifty Finds Friday. First up is a ceramic pitcher and cork board I found. This cork board is the exact size as one we already own, so I will paint the trim to match and hang together for a larger board in the boy's room.



The pitcher was $4 and is a beautiful shape. There are no chips anywhere.



I spied this little table at a Thrift store this week and it is the perfect size for my bedroom. I have been looking for a little table to replace my round bedside table. I want storage and was looking for a small dresser. This only has one drawer, but I think I can find baskets for the shelves, and will paint it and it will be awesome! The best part is, it is solid wood and very sturdy (it is very...very...heavy...) and it was only 14.99!



Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful finds! I think you are so right about that table--baskets will be the perfect storage solution. I can't wait to see what you do with it. If I lived closer, I think I might have arm wrestled you for that pitcher--it's beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait to get to the table. Baby #3 will be here any day, so it will have to wait. But I will share it when I fix it up!

      Delete
  2. Being a born and bred New Englander, having lived away for the past 35 years, I can say there is NO place like it for Autumn! I like the pitcher, it will go in any setting. Are you going to paint the table or leave it as is?
    Have a great week, Kristina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to paint the table Marigene. I have a wood dresser and tall chest in that room, and our bed is wood, so I think some painted furniture will lighten it up. I am probably painting it a very light blue / green that goes with the comforter and curtains. I may leave the top wood. I like that look. Thank you for your comment :-) and yes, there is no place like New England for Autumn!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!