Friday, October 11, 2013

Thrifty Finds Friday #3

Well, maybe that title is a stretch. Both of my "finds" were at regular stores (vs. thrift stores or yard sales). However, both were on sale and discounted and I think I got a good deal. Does that work?!

My first find is from Tuesday Mornings. I have not been in this store for at least a year, but there is one close to where we are temporarily living and it happens to be near the Dollar Store, which I love. So I went to the dollar store for bubble wrap and then walked to Tuesday Mornings (and had to pass the Fresh Market to get there, how cruel is that? But so proud of myself that I was not sucked in the doors!). I found two items at TM. This awesome jute rug (see photo below). It was so awesome that I just carried it around until I got a carriage, even though I was not sure if I was going to get it or not. Then another shopper looked at it, commented how cool it was, and asked where I found it. I did not tell her that it was the only one that I saw! Yikes.... maybe they had some more in the back....... Anyways, it is 3 ft x 5 ft and is perfect. It may go in front of the slider to the patio, or the front door. Not sure yet.

I am just sure that at $29 I LOVE IT!!!!!






I also found this adorable little spoon rest at TM for $2.99. I can't pass up anything lobstery or new englandly, (those are words by the way) because it is in my blood.



My next TF was from JC Penney . They were having a sale on curtains and I had a 20% off coupon! I am planning on using these in our Master Bedroom, and using a Pottery Barn comforter. I bought three and they were $28 per panel. Of course, I can not (and have never) bought curtains and hung them without fiddling with, or changing them some. These are no exception. I bought ONE curtain panel from PB that matches the duvet cover I bought (also from PB) and I will cut it up - Yes, I said CUT it up! I want the fabric to use to add to my JCP curtains. And use on the small windows where I will most likely use both fabrics to make roman shades. And will have some left over for pillows.........I miss my sewing machine.....guess where it is? Yup, in a POD.

**Update: Click here to see a photo of the master bedroom in the model home to see a side view of the window (you can just see the drapes hanging on the left) and the two small windows I will make a roman shade for with a mix of my two fabrics



Here to can see the print of the PB fabric better. It is so pretty. I love that is had red and rust in it because I have a lot of items with that color, but overall it is light. It also has yellow/gold, blue and green. Love, love, love it. I have big plans for new items in our Master Bedroom.



Thank you for reading and make sure to come back. Someday you will see how these look in our new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!