Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Boys Room Dresser

This little dresser started life as a plain wood dresser from Wood You furniture. It is real wood, but is not the best construction so I don't mind experimenting and painting it (multiple times..). It was previously painted yellow when it was in my son's nursery.
Since it is in the boy's new room, it needed a change up.
I painted the body red with leftover paint from another project. It now matches the stacked cubes that are in between the two beds.
I wanted the drawers to be stained dark to match the window treatment, the comforters and the name signs above their beds. However, I had no paint stripper on hand so I had to get creative.
I had brown paint from a prior project. I did one coat of this. After it was dry I added a gel stain to the top with a rag. Let it sit for a few minutes and then wiped it off until I liked how it looked.
I had to let it dry for several days as the humidity was high and it stayed tacky FO-EVAH.
I LOVE the way it turned out!
I think the last photo of the entire dresser is the most true in color for how it looks in real life (vs. computer screen). It is NOT as orangey as it looks in the first pics. I swear....
Yes, I know I am missing a knob...... I can't find it anywhere. I'm sure I will find it in the Lego bin, or with a pile of cars! When I find it I will spray it with Chalkboard paint too!
Thanks for visiting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!