Friday, August 29, 2014

Thrifty Finds Friday #8

Hey Y'all! I'm back with another Thrifty Finds Friday. Like I said for the last one, a month ago, I am trying for every month (after a long hiatus due to moving!). Anyways, here are my finds....

Storage Tower with drawers and baskets. This was from Craigslist and was $35. I thought it was a very fair price for all that storage. I am going to paint it white (it is currently cream) and put it in the baby's room. It will probably get additional paint once we have the baby and know if we are adding pink or blue to the nursery!



Chairs for kitchen table. This was another Craigslist find. I have been searching for months for SIX chairs for our kitchen table. We want to use the cane back chairs in the dining room with my grandparents mahogany table. We had wooden chairs in the past with our kitchen table (which was in our dining room) before we refinished it - and I loved the smaller size and the wooden seats. However, finding SIX affordable chairs is not easy. The add was for 6 chairs and a table for $130. That is a great price, but I was not interested in a table. I asked if they would sell the chairs only. Initially the seller did not want to break up the set, but then asked how much I would pay for the chairs. Now, they looked in decent shape, only needing to be cleaned (and re-painted and stained, of course), so I offered $100 if they were all sturdy. That sounds like a lot - but that is $16.66 per chair people. Do you know how expensive chairs are? And not all of them are well made. These wooden seats are contoured and I love that. Also, one seat has "Scotts" written on it. That is one of the seller's sons name. Isn't that awesome?! I hate to cover it up........ Here they are before.





If it ever gets under 80% humidity here, maybe, just maybe, I will feel like painting these items! Seriously, it has been an awful summer and it is slowing me from DIYing! I will share when I make these beautiful again.

2 comments:

  1. Great deal on the chairs, they look nice and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sturdy, and comfortable! They are done and beautiful - I will share when I finish with photos! Thanks Marigene.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!