Friday, November 15, 2013

Thrifty Finds Friday #5

I have been searching for counter height stools for our new kitchen island for a while. I have been looking for 3 stools, but bought 2. When I show you them, you will understand why. I went into the Habitat ReStore looking for a table and found two stools. When I looked at the price tag I was not sure if they were $12.99 OR $2.99. It looked like the "1" was crossed off. When I asked an employee he thought so too - so........ I got them for $2.99 each! Eeeeekkkkkkk!!! I literally ran out of the store with them!

They are so comfortable and sturdy. I plan to paint them a light color, since the island base will be dark brown. I also need to stain the cane. Luckily, MMS had an awesome post recently, with a tutorial, for this very thing! I will be working on these stools soon, and will share when I do. I already bought paint, I'm thinking of using a brush..... I'll let you know how that goes! Could be a disaster....

Here are my finds:

Look at how pretty the shape is...



Of course at that price, they are NOT perfect.....



Look at how perfect and beautiful that cane is!?!? I'm in love, I don't care how much work they are.....



Here is my inspiration:


Miss Mustard Seed

Check back next week to see the finished stools. At least, I hope to have them done by next week.

*** Update: One stool is done. Check here to see how it turned out! ***

If you aren't a subscriber, you can do that on the sidebar and all new posts will land in your inbox.

Like me on Facebook and you will see new post links there too!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!