Monday, August 18, 2014

Spray painted Chandy

My last Thrifty Finds Friday, I shared with you a chandelier I bought at the Habitat for Humanity Restore for $39.99. Here is a photo, and here is the post if you are interested in my other finds.



So, that had to change.......

I bought Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and it took me a week to spray because it is so humid here and we had thunderstorms rolling in every day, sometimes more than once a day. Make sure when you spray paint that you do it slowly and sparingly, otherwise you WILL get drips in your paint.

This is in progress.



You can hardly see in that picture, but I took off the candle part that covers the wires for the receptacle that holds the bulb. I covered it in painters tape to keep it clean and sprayed the covers Heirloom White.

I think that I may need to adjust it to hang lower, which means that I will need to rewire it...... I also need some shades. The photos show it with my Fall/ Halloween shades that are on for now. The shades I want are below and from Ballard Designs:



They are $18 each and I need 6 (and $108 is too much for me to spend on shades), so I will wait for a sale!!!

Here is the finished product. Remember my dining room is not at all finished.... I need to either wallpaper, or stencil, add wainscot and find something for the one bare wall remaining. Oh, and maybe add some crown molding too.









Here is a before, of our ugly builders grade chandelier. We chose not to upgrade the lighting because I wanted to get my own, so we have been slowly changing out fixtures.



Isn't the after much better (even without those cool drum shades on it?) Not bad for less than $45.



What do you think? Does it need to be lower? The ceilings are 9 feet for reference.

Thanks for reading!!



Linking up at these fab blogs:
Savvy Southern Style, DIY By Design, Ducks 'n a Row, Craftie Allie, Beyond the Picket Fence, Cherished Bliss, LeMoine Family Kitchen, The Girl Creative,

5 comments:

  1. Great job, and so much better now. Love the thrifty price too. Thanks for sharing at our Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job. Can't beat the price. I will be featuring this tonight at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!