Thursday, June 6, 2013

ReStore Nightstand/Mini Dresser

I am so glad that we have a Habitat for Humanity ReStore in my city. It is such a great store and I find so many things there from cup pulls for 75 cents, to shutters for $3, to furniture. I found this little piece for $19.99. It has dovetail joints on drawers, was in great condition and had the neatest pulls. The hardware is a little more ornate than what I usually like, but they are so interesting that I decided to keep them......for now. I don't know what to really call this as is would be a perfect bedside table. I use it in our guest room/office for some drawer storage. This is how it looks now.



This is how it started life in my garage.....



Not bad. But I did not like the tone of the wood and it had a lot of dings and scratches in the finish. I also wanted to highlight the cool wood work around the corners and the top drawer. I decided to use paint and glaze to do that.

I painted it with Benjamin Moore (my favorite paint) in a Pearl finish. I LOVE this finish. It is hard and slightly shiny, almost enamel like. The color is Nantucket Breeze which is a soft green. I also used on my table base when I painted my oak dining table base. It has an off white look from afar, but it is the same color as this little dresser. You can just see the table base here.



Anyways.......I glazed over the paint after it had dried and rubbed the glaze into the crevices really good, then wiped most of the rest off. This finish is so nice that I did not have to use furniture wax on it. I just let it sit for several days - maybe more - to ensure that the paint was cured.





I just love this little piece and it gives me the perfect amount of hidden drawer storage.



Thank you so much for visiting me!!!!!!



Please visit Miss Mustard Seeds blog party, I'm linking up!

5 comments:

  1. That is one awesome piece of furniture! And it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty transformation! You did an awesome job!! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your Move
    :) I hope that you'd find more fun on your new place ^__^
    I hope that youd blog about your new place later, im really excited to know :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!