Saturday, May 11, 2013

Boys Room Reveal

Hope you are having a good weekend.

I thought I would share the boys' entire room. I have shown lots of posts of projects but have not shown the entire space yet. The headboards that I built from Ana White plans, the painted dresser, the pennant banner are all posts. You can read all the details by clicking on the links.

When you stand in the doorway and look to the right this is the view.



If you look slightly to the left you can see both beds with a cube system that I turned on its side to fit between the beds. This works out great because it is not deep and I don't have to worry about a big nightstand sticking out with my little one. I was picturing bumped heads in the middle of the night....probably would never have happened but I feel better about it!!



The one window valance was made by me. I used a brown fabric with some extra fabric with stars on it and little brown ball trim. I lined it and hung it high. So sorry about the light from the window. There is such contrast in the dark fabric and the light that I could not get a better picture. I am sure if I had a clue about cameras, I could, but that has not happened yet....





This little desk is the perfect size. I found it at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore when they had their annual yardsale. It was $20. It was an orangey, yellow color so of course I painted it the same color as the headboards. The little stool you see is temporary. The desk chair broke and until I find a new chair or stool this little one sits there.





There was a tiny wall space between the closet door and the wall so I made these holders for hats. I used scrap wood and bought a bag of wooden pegs and made these. They fit perfectly in this little spot.





Here is the wall with the pennant banner on it.



This is looking at the door to their room. You can see I have another peg rack at their height so I don't have to hang things up...... it may or may not work!



I had fun changing their room when I put my younger son into the same room as my older son. I wanted to make it different than what it was so it was their NEW room together.

Sources:
Star Comforters: Pottery Barn Kids
Headboards: Built by me from Ana White plans
Wall Color: Cumulus Cloud by Benjamin Moore
Valance: Made by me from fabric I had. The pom pom fringe was from Hobby Lobby
Headboard/Desk Color: Black Abyss by Clark & Kensington


I want to remind everyone that there is ONE DAY LEFT to enter the giveaway for a really cool enamel house number sign from Ramsign. See my giveaway post for details.
Here is a picture of a sign.




Linking up with:

Funky Junk Interiors
It's Overflowing
A Little Claireification
Thrifty Decor Chick

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I especially love the colors and the valance. I would never think to put brown with red and blue, but it totally works! I found you on A Little Claireification and I'm going to follow you now! Hop on over to my blog and follow me back, please! http://hotcommodityhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krissy. I think the grey walls have just enough brown in them that the browns go. Greys are so difficult, some are blue, pink, green etc.... I also did not want to redo every surface!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!