Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Last Minute Teacher Gift

Well, school is out on Thursday, so that means I made a teacher gift on Monday. Yes......that is how I roll lately. Does it count that I have been thinking about it for weeks? I mean...... I knew what I was going to make, I just had to actually make it.

Here is just a quick little post about a gift for my oldest son's teacher (you could make this for anyone, or for yourself).

I love making handmade gifts. My son's teacher likes the color purple, so I looked through my fabric stash. I found this pretty fabric with purple(ish) flowers and a coordinating material for the lining. I made my pouch 10" X 8" and filled it with some of her favorite things.







** I did iron it again after seeing this last photo **

The tutorial used is from the awesome blog www.dana-made-it.com. You can get the tutorial from Dana's website by clicking here. If you have not visited her blog, and like to sew, you must go see her. I have made many of her bags and many of her children's clothes via her tutorials. Her tutorials are very easy to follow and she has the cutest things! I have made many different sizes of these pouches, including with key chain tab, ruffles, etc. Endless possibilities.

I did not even have to buy a zipper for this project. I had thrown away some outdoor pillows that were beyond faded recently. They did not hit the trash can though until I had ripped out the zippers from both pillows! Those things will last forever.

Hello Summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!