Friday, August 16, 2013

Thrifty Finds Friday

Well hello there. Did you think I left you?

Coming back from vacation is no easy task! I kid...... kinda......

Well we are back and getting ready to start school Monday! Eek!

I have a few items I found at 3 different thrift stores that I stopped by yesterday after work. I am going to try to do this 1 - 2 Fridays a month. Anyways, here are my finds and how much they cost me. I will try to show you the items and then the cost as well as what my plans are for them.





How awesome is that baskety thingy? I was so excited to see it and take it home. And it is big. I love the color and the texture and want it on the wall. This is what I picture doing with it when we move to our new house.


Katrina Scott Design




BHG.com via Pinterest



I am sure some of you are wondering about the NASTY dried and silk flowers in this thing. I think they are nasty too. But they will be gone! I may hang this outside with a battery candle in it, or inside with a real little nest and some eggs, or a ceramic bird. Not sure yet, but I do know that for $.50 it is worth a shot!



These handles are UH.MAY.ZING!!!! They are from the ReStore and that was all I could find. I am not sure what I will use them for, but they are the real deal. They are solid and heavy. I will most likely spray paint them like the cup pulls in my old kitchen, and use them in my new laundry room. I will have lots of projects in there. We opted to not pay $500 for cabinets in our laundry room, and instead I will put them in myself. Then I can have space for a bar for hanging clothes, a rack for drying and it will be a totally custom job. AND I will be able to use all my new hardware that I just spent a fortune on. He he.

Can't wait to show you these in the new house!

I'll be back Monday with a back to school sign for the first day of school pictures. Check back soon, or subscribe my email on the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. They really make my day!